Depending on the area in which you live the Blue Book and Edmunds car values can be significantly lower than you you'll end up paying. Remember it's an older car, and finding one in good condition is going to take patience.
Also before buying any car make sure you get the car history. CarFax is great for this, however CarFax no longer allows a paying customer to give free reports to non-paying customers. A CarFax report will have detailed information on the dates of delivery, dealership maintenance, warranty work, accidents, state emissions testing, ownership or location changes, etc.
- Car Inspection
- Also check out this excellent TV series on buying, restoring, and selling an MR2:
You bought it... now what?
- Wash it :)
- Put in new Windshield Wiper blades.
- Check the brakes and brake fluid.
- Change the Oil And Oil Filter.
- Change the Engine Coolant.
- Replace the ignition components: new rotor, cap, and o-ring for distributor.
- Change the Transmission fluid.
- Change the Spark Plugs.
- Change the Fuel Filter?.
- Get the wheels aligned.