- Weight of the MKI is anywhere from 2350lbs to 2650lbs or 998 to 1066kg,depending on year and options.
- 1985-1989 coefficient of drag (C/D) 0.35, and 0.36 without the spoiler. (MR20C)
- Chassis code: AW11
- Engine model: 4A-GE 1.6L normally aspirated (1984-89)
- 1587cc, 16 Valve, DOHC
- BHP: 112hp, 99 lb-ft (<1987) 115hp, 100 lb-ft (1987+)
- Curb Weight: approximately 2300-2500 lbs
- 0-60 MPH Time: 8.5-9.0 seconds
- Chasis code: AW16
- Engine model: 4A-GZE 1.6L supercharged (1988-89)
- 1.6 Liter, 16 Valve, DOHC
- BHP: 145 at 6400 RPM
- Torque: 140 ft/lbs at 4000 RPM
- Curb Weight: 2605 lbs.
- Weight Distribution: 44.5% Front / 55.5% Rear
- Fuel Capacity: 10.8 US gallons
- 0-60 MPH Time: 6.5-7.0 seconds
- Lateral Acceleration: .78-.80G
- Redline: 7,500 rpm
Super Edition (not offered in the US)
- 1988.01 : The Super Edition, based on the G-LTD supercharger AD, features white/beige metallic two-tone body color, colored door knobs, colored mud guards, colored alloy wheels, a front bronze tinted glass, leather combination sports seats, leather wrapped shift knob/packing lever, and a leather wrapped MOMO steering wheel.
- 1988.08 : The MR-2 adopts electrical fold-in door mirrors (G-LTD), colored door knobs, a rear spoiler with high mounted stop lamp, and front a tinted glass.
- 1989.01 :The Super Edition, based on the G-LTD T-bar roof, features blue mica body color, colored mud guards, Recaro seats, a leather wrapped MOMO steering wheel, front wipers with fin.
- Fifteen produced
- Manufactured by Modern Motors in Torrance California
- Owned by Spyder Bob
- Owned by Tek Dragon (#099846 bought Minneapolis 9 June 2012)
- Owned by Johnny Friis (#099846 bought Minneapolis July 2012)