The MKI has two horns, one high and one low pitch. Unfortunately the louder high-tone horn points straight at the radiator, whilst the quieter low-tone horn has a nice unobstructed view through the front grill.
To do the switch all you need to do is unplug the horn harness, remove the mounting brakets and switch the horns. The improvement is noticable, but if you want LOUD then you might want to invest in something like Hella Supertone 85115 -- for that Ferrari note!
- Open the frunk.
- Remove the platic cover between the headlights. The plastic screws that hold the cover in can be a pain. Remember the screw is separate from the plastic mount around the screw.
- The low-tone horn is just below the frunk latch mechanism in front of the radiator. After you've unplugged the harness, remove the larger bolt, holding the braket to the car. The bolt is a little tough to get to...
- The high-tone horn is behind the radiator. Again, unplug the harness, and remove the single bolt holding the braket.
- Switch them around, plug the harness back, and bolt up.
- When you fit the cover under the rubber gasket strip.